Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Renegades

Ever since I was young I have had an interest in music. For a short period during grade school I took piano lessons, and I regret not continuing and admire anyone who is able to play. I have recently found how much I appreciate music because it is great for any occasion, whether I am happy, energetic, mellow, studious, tired, etc. The music I listen to directly relates to my mood or event I am dealing with in life. The way I find my music varies but I normally find music that not many people have heard of.

Pandora is one of my main avenues for music. I create playlists based on songs and artists I know and find so many other songs that are similar and I actually enjoy. One of my most recent discoveries is the song Renegades by X-Ambassadors. It originally popped up on one of my indie-rock Pandora stations and I fell in love.


What has happened to me forever, as I am sure it happens to many people, once I heard the song and started liking it, it pops up all around me. For example, Jeep has recently used the song to promote their new model car of the same name. At first I get really excited that I know the song and my friends around me might not. But then anger sets in when everyone else starts jumping on the bandwagon. I usually get irrationally upset and try to claim the song as my own since "I heard it first." Now that I have been able to identify these feelings, I can accept and move on that other people are going to love this great song just as much as I do. Here is the Jeep commercial featuring Renegades by X-Ambassadors. If you are interested, another great song by this band is Unsteady. Check this band out!

Renegades - X Ambassadors

Unsteady - X Ambassadors

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed your blog this semester! I'm going to miss all these great updates on all things pop culture that I have trouble keeping up with!

    ReplyDelete