Friday, March 6, 2015

Insurgent, Will It Be Like the Book

Insurgent is the second novel in the Divergent Trilogy written by Veronica Roth. The movie is set to be released on March 20, 2015, only 14 days away!!! But when any book is turned into a movie, there is always curiosity as to how the movie will compare to the book. Coming from someone who has read the series twice and seen the Divergent movie about 6 times (I know that't a lot), and after seeing the movie trailer, I expect it to be quite different.

I am going to assume you have seen the first Divergent movie, and if you haven't Wikipedia and Imdb have great synopses of the film. I am beyond excited for the second movie to be released, not only because I loved the series, but also because the trailer confused the life out of me.


The beginning of the trailer shows this high-tech box with all the factions' symbols on it and Jeanine (Kate Winslet) has is under heavy protection. Tris (Shailene Woodley) asks her brother Caleb (Ansel Elgort) what Jeanine thinks is in there and his response is that she doesn't know, she is testing divergents to see who can open it.


Okay woah, this is a pretty drastic change to the plot, something that will change this movie and the third, Allegiant. In the book, yes Jeanine was testing divergents, but she was doing so to create an even more powerful serum that they would not be able resist. SPOILER ALERT, I think this box is going to contain the secret video that was left by the founder of this futuristic town. But in the book, key leaders in the town including Jeanine from Erudite knew the secret information! Making her just as clueless as the other citizens is going to make the secret even more monumental. Maybe I am wrong about what is in the box, but if I am not, the movie is going to be very different.

Aside from that shocking addition, the movie seems action packed and amazing. I am very much looking forward to my visions of the book coming alive, seeing the blossoming romance between Tris and Four (Theo James), and what the other factions headquarters look like.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for this movie! I have ready the books but hopefully this one will be as good as the last.

    ReplyDelete